Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Adventures, work and the girls...

Not too much going on lately. We've just been busy, busy, busy. I started my new job and I am really LOVING it. It's working out well. I take the girls to school, go to work, pick the girls up from school and come home to cook dinner and get the girls ready for the next day. Every thing is working out perfectly!!

I had a little adventure over the weekend. I met my mom, stepdad and sister at a mexican restaurant/bar to watch the Kansas Jayhawks (win, of course!). I left the bar to head home. As I'm driving along the highway about 2 miles from my exit, I hear a LOUD POP. I knew something was wrong. I pulled over to find that the drivers side rear tire had blown! I don't have a cell phone right now and I was all by myself. I have changed a tire before but I couldn't find figure out how to get the donut from under the van and I couldn't find the tire iron(not knowing that the handle to the jack works as a the tire iron). After sitting on the side of the highway for about 30 minutes trying to figure all this out on my own, a VERY nice guy stopped and asked if I needed help. He changed the tire for me and I was back on my way home. I was sooo thankful that he helped me. I thought I was going to be sitting on the side of the highway all night! At least now I know how to change the tire if this ever happens again.

Not much new to report with the girls. They are still doing VERY well in school. They have conferences coming up in February. Their school does student led conferences. Both of the girls' teachers asked me if it was okay for 3 people from the national expeditionary learning conference to sit in on the girls' conferences. They will be overseeing and evaluating how the school is doing. The girls' teachers felt that they both do very well leading their conference and would be good candidates for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash